- March 6, 2017
- GreenCentre's Top 10 Successes in 2016
As GreenCentre continues to help Change Chemistry and Change the World, here is a recap of our top ten successes from 2016.
- February 6, 2017
- As Conference Season Approaches... Protect Your IP!
As conference season approaches, remember to protect your intellectual property rights before submitting your abstract.
- February 1, 2017
- GreenCentre Canada Launches Second SME Competition to Counter Climate Change
GreenCentre Canada is excited to announce our second InnovationHouse Chemistry Countering Climate Change (IHC4) SME Competition.
- January 16, 2017
- GreenCentre Canada and Johnson Matthey Enter Licensing Agreement
GreenCentre Canada is pleased to announce it has entered into an exclusive global licensing agreement with Johnson Matthey Plc., a leading multi-national producer of catalysts and specialty chemicals.
- November 22, 2016
- GreenCentre Canada Selects Top 5 Startups to Fight Climate Change
GreenCentre Canada recently held its first IHC4 Competition, awarding the five most promising startup companies with the opportunity to further develop their greenhouse-gas-reducing technologies.
- November 3, 2016
- GreenCentre Canada's Continued Program to Counter Climate Change Offers Funding for Academic Researchers
GreenCentre Canada is excited to announce the InnovationHouse Chemistry Countering Climate Change Call for Academic Inventions (IHC4 Call for Academic Inventions).
- September 8, 2016
- GreenCentre Canada Launches New Program to Counter Climate Change
GreenCentre Canada is excited to announce the InnovationHouse Chemistry Countering Climate Change Competition (IHC4 Competition).
- April 28, 2016
- GreenCentre Partners with Chiral Technologies to Commercialize a New Catalyst for Fine Chemical Synthesis
GreenCentre Canada and Chiral Technologies Inc. are pleased to announce an agreement to jointly commercialize a powerful new catalyst technology for synthesis of fine chemicals, including pharmaceuticals and fragrance products.
- April 15, 2016
- GreenCentre Partners with Maratek Environmental to Commercialize Novel Solvent Recovery Solutions
GreenCentre Canada and Maratek Environmental Inc. are pleased to announce an agreement to commercialize unique technology solutions for the recovery of industrial solvents.
- March 30, 2016
- GreenCentre Canada Celebrates Successful Year with Deputy Premier
Today, the Kingston-based not-for-profit commercialization lab GreenCentre Canada celebrated its most successful year ever. On hand to mark the occasion was the Honourable Deb Matthews, Deputy Premier of Ontario, and local MPP Sophie Kiwala.
- March 1, 2016
- GreenCentre's Top 10 Successes in 2015
It’s Our Top 10 of 2015 – GreenCentre continues to help Change Chemistry and Change the World.
- February 25, 2016
- BASF - GreenCentre Canada Research Collaboration Finds Success
Over the past two years, BASF (Southfield, MI) and GreenCentre Canada (Kingston, ON) have been working on a collaboration to develop novel coating concepts to meet the future needs of the automobile industry.
- February 24, 2016
- ASM International Chooses GreenCentre Canada Research Services
ASM is a leading supplier of semiconductor process equipment for wafer processing.
- February 16, 2016
- Dr. Tim Clark appointed as Technology Leader for GreenCentre Canada
GreenCentre Canada is pleased to announce that Dr. Tim Clark has been promoted to the role of Technology Leader overseeing all technology development activities and GreenCentre's Technical Team.
- December 9, 2015
- GreenCentre Licences Innovative Water Purification Technology to Veolia
Deal is another step forward in GreenCentre's mandate to help commercialize academic chemistry innovations.
- December 1, 2015
- Dr. Andrew Pasternak appointed Director of Commercialization and Business Development at GreenCentre Canada.
GreenCentre Canada is pleased to announce Dr. Andrew Pasternak has been promoted to the role of Director, Commercialization and Business Development overseeing all business development activities and GreenCentre’s Business Development Team.
- October 21, 2015
- GreenCentre Launches InnovationHouse Portal
GreenCentre’s New Online Portal Promotes Green Chemistry Collaboration
GreenCentre Canada is excited to announce the launch of its InnovationHouse web portal at www.gccinnovationhouse.com.
- August 25, 2015
- Green Centre Partners with Princeton University to Bring Catalyst Innovations to Market
GreenCentre Canada and the Princeton University Office of Technology Licensing are pleased to announce a unique agreement to accelerate the commercialization of novel catalysts developed by Princeton researchers.
- July 16, 2015
- GreenCentre Canada Appoints Chief Executive Officer for Forward Water Technologies
GreenCentre Canada and Forward Water Technologies are pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. C. Howie Honeyman as Chief Executive Officer of Forward Water Technologies. Since October 2012, Honeyman has worked as the Chief Technology Officer of GreenCentre Canada, where he oversaw its technical and commercial activities.
- July 8, 2015
- GreenCentre Appoints New Executive Director
GreenCentre Canada is pleased to announce the appointment of Pete Pigott by the Board as Executive Director, effective immediately.Since April 2014, Mr. Pigott has worked to make GreenCentre a sustainable and successful business focused on effectively introducing new green innovations to market.
- April 27, 2015
- GreenCentre Offers Development Support for Chemistry Innovations
GreenCentre Canada is pleased to continue to offer services in support of small-to-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and entrepreneurs in Ontario looking to develop, de-risk, and scale up chemistry and materials-based innovations.
- December 19, 2014
- Forward Water Technologies LAUNCH Media Release
GreenCentre Canada is excited to announce that our spinoff company, Forward Water Technologies, has been selected as a top 10 Innovator in the LAUNCH System Challenge: Green Chemistry.
- October 1, 2014
- Beyond the Bench: GreenCentre and XRCC sign infrastructure agreement
Since its inception in 2009, GreenCentre has worked with chemistry researchers and entrepreneurs to develop their green chemistry technologies in preparation for industry adoption. At GreenCentre, promising innovations become the focus of a hands-on, holistic commercialization program that includes technology assessment, application development, market analysis, and IP protection.
- June 10, 2014
- GreenCentre Canada Invests in Canadian Start-Up Mirexus inc.
GreenCentre Canada is pleased to announce their investment of $150,000 into Canadian start-up company, Mirexus Biotechnologies Inc. as part of the seed round led by GreenSky Capital. Based on a technology developed at the University of Guelph, Mirexus aims to advance and commercialize sustainable nanoparticles useful in formulating greener, longer lasting personal care products, improving shelf life of specialty materials and enhancing drug delivery.
- March 17, 2014
- GreenCentre Partners with Chemical Angel Network
GreenCentre Canada is excited to announce our partnership with The Chemical Angel Network, the only nation-wide angel network investing in seed and early stage chemical businesses (i.e. businesses with a significant chemistry component). The chemistry component of investment targets normally falls within the general areas of measurement, manufacturing and materials.
- March 17, 2014
- GreenCentre Partners with the Green Chemistry & Commerce Council
We are happy to announce our partnership with Green Chemistry & Commerce Council (GC3). GC3 is a business-to-business forum that advances the application of green chemistry and design for environment across supply chains.
- March 17, 2014
- Chemical Company Developing Clean Water Technology
GreenCentre Canada has been successfully working with MANTECH Inc. to develop and apply new green chemistry methods that will allow MANTECH’s PeCOD® technology to be used on a wide array of environmental water samples.
- March 17, 2014
- University of Toronto Green Chemistry Initiatives Hosts Next Steps in Green Chemistry Workshop
GreenCentre Canada is very proud to be a major sponsor for the Green Chemistry Initiative’s 2nd Annual Workshop: The Next Steps in Green Chemistry Research, which will take place May 21st to 23rd, 2014 at the University of Toronto, St. George Campus in Toronto, Ontario.